IQAC Meeting Minutes
Student Satisfaction Survey
IQAC Meeting Minutes
A meeting of IQAC was held on 31-07-2018 at 2:30 pm with following agendas:-
At the end, the committee asked Coordinator, IQAC to coordinate with all and compile the data for preparation of AQAR.
Date :- 28/08/2018
Date :- 25/09/2018
1.Finalization of AQAR-II
2.Discussion on Feedback reports o f first year students of 2017-2018
3.Proposal of special lecture of different cell
4.Proposal of formation of different societies by the students
1.Preparation and planning of AQAR-iii
2. Discussion on feedback reports of IIIrd year students of 2018-19
3.Discussion on Prize Distribution (Academic and Cultural)
1.IQAC members discussed the areas which can be improved/organized for the preparation of AQAR-III.
i) The college IQAC will contact the IQAC of The University of Calcutta for further clarification on certain aspects such as office management system and AAA (Academic and Administrative audit).
ii) The IQAC will focus on the enhancement of the faculty members via e-content preparation, enrollment in e-pathshala,SWAYAM,maintainance of ICT records.
iii) The IQAC will further focus on the development of students capability through career counseling courses, skill development courses and students exchange programmes.
iv) IQAC will collaborate with cultural committee to observe International Mother Language Day and International Women’s Day.
v) The NSS unit of the college will be assigned to bear the responsibility to conduct an awareness programme on AIDS.
2. There was a detailed discussion on preparing plastic-free campus. It was decided that no plastic packets and bags will be used in college campus and such signboards will be displayed throughout the college premises.
3. Students’ Feedback reports, prepared by the faculty members, were discussed thoroughly. The students demanded bigger classrooms which were approved by the members and it is decided to place the issue before the GB.
4. It is recommended that online feedback survey may be introduced from next session for better circulation and maintenance of feedback records.
5. To resolve the issue of book shortage and misplacement, it is decided to discuss the matter with library committee for implementation of library fine.
6. It is decided that the prize distribution ceremony will be held on 20.03.19 on the occasion of ‘Vasanta Utsav’. The teachers of different departments will take the responsibility of academic awards and the students union will give the prizes of cultural competition and annual sports held during the current academic session.
Proceedings And Minutes of IQAC Meeting
Date-18/04/2017 Time-2:30 PM
A meeting of IQAC is held on 09/12/2016 in IQAC room in the college premise with the following agenda-
Agenda- Discussion on follow –up and evaluation of last meetings Resolution
The meeting is presided by Dr. A. Ghosh, Principal, Udaynarayanpur Madhabilata Mahavidyalaya and following members attended the meeting-
1. This meeting was convened with the agenda to evaluate and review progress of tasks undertaken in last meeting. This includes introduction of wi-fi space in college, organise seminar to improve research ability among faculties, and to conduct computer training course for faculties, registration of phone number of final year students collecting feedback form from all students and convener of IQAC submited her report in this regard.
2. It is learnt that IQAC and research committee has successfully arranged workshop entilted ‘ Promotion of Research culture among faculties’ which was divided in two parts lecture, a lecture by Dr. Suvankar Chakraborty, Associate professor, P.K.H.N. Mahavidyalaya , who spoke on role of IQAC in development of the institution , also explained role of institute in extension activity and in innovation; and Dr Ballarai Roy Choudhuri, Associate Professor, Gokhale Memorial Girls' College who explained how to incorporate research activity along within our daily teaching schedule.
3. The institute also arranged for computer training course which will in turn strengthened computer knowledge of its faculty to use ICT technology for teaching and learning. This was done with collaboration of webel, Udaynarayanpur Branch. Total 8 classes were held.
4. As decided we have collected innovative plans for each department to improve class attendance and reduce drop-out. Most of the department have suggested use of ICT technology and field visit, excursion for making the learning more enjoyable. There is also suggestion to invite Ex-students, who are successful in different fields, to share their stories for encouraging them.
5. Feedback forms were collected from all three year students and they were distributed subject to the departmental heads for a summary report. After careful analysis of the summary we found major appreciation was received for holding of regular classes, class-tests, co-operative mentality of faculties and office, discipline of the college but major problems were found to be in water crisis and lack of books in library. Currently we have installed another submersible pump for better supply of drinking water in the college building. This year new order for books were placed too for each department (total-1440) to improve stocks of library books.
Parents – Teachers Meeting
This year the institute decided to arrange open discussion forum with parents along with college administration and faculties. Students who scored less than 35% marks in qualifying examination and attended less than required percentage were asked to attend the meeting with their respective parents.
The meeting was held in presence of Mr. Samir Kumar Panja President, Governing Body, Dr. A. Ghosh, Principal of the college, faculties of various department and non-teaching staff. More than 150 parents attended the meeting.
The meeting began with a brief by Principal, Dr. A. Ghosh. He told about the necessity and objective of the meeting to the parents present in the meeting. He also explained new regulation of university exams and why regular attendance and higher marks are necessary from 1st year itself. Then he invited Sreemoyee Banerjee , Prof and HoD , Department of Bengali, to declare results of each subjects. After this Principal invited comments from parents. Prof. Snehasree Saha, Asst prof, Food & Nutrition, moderated this section. Many of the parents welcomed college authority for organising such forum and allowing them take part in the discussion. Few parents took up specific issues like illness, marriage of daughters, long gaps within classes etc. All these questions and concerns were individually addressed by the college authority.
Finally President summed up the meeting by addressing the audience and declared very low marks and attendance can stop student from sending to the university examination. He also requested all parents to be in constant touch with college for betterment of their children.